Saturday, July 13, 2013

Taking Ownership Of Our Lives

Something is happening to people around the world and it is something that is amazing to watch. Some people in our world are learning to take responsibility for their own lives, their own actions, and their own decisions. Taking ownership of one's behavior can bring about rewards such as spiritual growth, loving relationships, and peace of mind. Are you ready to take ownership of your life?

Have you ever met someone who was quick to tell you all the reasons why they are NOT at fault about a certain situation? They will blame everyone around them for their circumstances and they usually refuse to consider the possibility that some of their own choices brought about some of the consequences they have had to face. The fact of the matter is that we put ourselves in difficult situations much of the time and if we take a look at the decisions we have made, there is a chance that we would see our part in the scenario and we could then choose to stop doing this to ourselves.

I have learned over the years that I have control over only one thing - ME! I can control my thoughts, my words, and my actions. I have no control over other people, places, or things. I can sit in the sorrow of certain circumstances or I can live my life out loud with as much joy as possible, knowing that I am making good decisions for myself and that my focus is on doing the right thing all of the time. I am not perfect and may not always do the right thing, but if I keep this as my goal each and every day, I will probably do well more often than not. It is ultimately up to me. It is always going to be up to me.

Today I will take responsibility for my life, for my decisions,  and for all of my actions. I will not blame others for my choices. I will learn from my experiences and I will behave in a wise and mature fashion (while still having fun). I am ever so grateful for the life I have. - KK

Inspirational Articles - Click Here!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.