"It is when we are given choice that we sit with the gods and design ourselves." - Dorothy Gilman, writer
I personally don't believe in "the gods"; I believe there is only one God in my life. But setting that part of the quote aside, the ability to make my own choices is a gift I hope I never take for granted.
I've learned that I always have choices - in every situation, no matter what, I have a choice as to how I'm going to react and behave. I may be facing a difficult challenge and my choices may be in the "bad, worse, worst" categories. But I still know that I have a choice as to how I am going to carry myself and address the problem at hand.
When I'm faced with choices for a positive situation, that's when the fun begins. I like to think of it as an opportunity to design my life with the choices I make. The one thing I will do is to ask God for help in making my choices these days. I simply ask for the grace and dignity to walk through my day and the choices usually work themselves out very nicely. All I have to do is ask for the guidance and it comes.
Today I will ask God for guidance in all that I face - good or bad. This is my way of sitting with God and designing myself. It works nicely.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.