"Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns." - George Eliot, nineteenth-century novelist
This is such a beautiful description. I can visualize birds flying about the earth. In fact, I imagine reading this quote has just changed how I will be looking at birds from now on.
I always enjoy watching birds flying in the air, cows grazing in the pastures, and ducks swimming in the ponds around my neighborhood. There was a speaker at my church recently who talked about the carefree spirits of the animals we see each day. She said she liked to think that the animals and birds were orchestrating enchanting shows for us to see each day. But we need to pay attention or we will miss the magnificence of it all.
I took her message to heart and I have to say that I am starting to notice more and more "shows" as I'm driving in my car or walking outside. It's as if the animals are putting on a show just for me. The precision of a bird's flight is fascinating to me. The cows always appear to be grazing as birds stand beside them; it's as if the birds are watching over them during feeding time. I love seeing it all.
All I have to do is be present in the moment and many things will get my attention. The magnificent show that the birds and other animals put on each day just fills me with joy. Today I will choose to watch and see and enjoy. Thank you God for the gift of awareness. Happy Autumn everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.