"You are destined to fly, but that cocoon has to go." - Nelle Morton, theologian and educator
Flying can be scary; flying can be exciting; letting go (shedding the cocoon) is probably the scariest thing of all. But it is so worth it.
When I was at church yesterday, the message was about change and metamorphosis. The minister talked about caterpillars choosing to make a BIG change in their lives. They spin their cocoons, their bodies liquefy, and they become butterflies. If they don't shed that cocoon, the exquisite butterfly would never come forth. I'm beginning to understand that I'm shedding my cocoon too.
My spiritual journey has led me to change in many ways. The changes have come as a result of me focusing on my connection to God. Prayer and meditation allows me to talk and listen to God. That's how I get the guidance I need to face each day's challenges and gifts. That's how I learn to fly. I've shed my cocoon and I'm flying high now. That's my destiny.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.