Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Fulfillment

"There are so many things we are capable of, that we could be or do. The potentialities are so great that we never, any of us, are more than one-fourth fulfilled." - Katherine Anne Porter, journalist, writer, and political activist

This is so true for me.  I'm amazed at how much there is to do out there in the world.  I have such a full life and yet there are so many things I want to try and do before my time here is done.  It's very exciting.

It all has to do with believing in myself.  I sometimes forget that I have everything I need to accomplish my goals today.  Every day I start off by asking my Higher Power to give me the strength, compassion, and wisdom I'm going to need for that one day.  I have faith that God always gives me everything I need for that one day.  Then I move my feet, take action, and enjoy everything that comes my way - the good and the bad.  Every experience I have adds to my spiritual growth.  I'm either witnessing behaviors that I want to emulate or behaviors that I don't want to repeat.  I believe that everyone is a child of God so I send love to everyone no matter what in order to help them through their day.  They don't have to know that this is what I'm doing - I know.  It may seem strange; I'm not always able to do it perfectly each day; but it's a great way to keep my focus on what is the most powerful force in life - LOVE.

I don't want to make it sound as if I'm at peace 100% of the time.  I'm just beginning to learn how to live this way each day.  It's a journey for me and I'm having a wonderful time as I blossom into the loving child of God that I was meant to be.  Life is not always a bed of roses and I can really make a mess of things at times.  But I know what direction I'm moving in now and that's all I need to know in order to keep making progress.  May we all continue to make progress with God's love to support us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.