"It's better to break one's heart than to do nothing with it." - Margaret Kennedy, novelist
Loving people can hurt sometimes. There are times when I have been hurt by people that I love. I've also hurt people I love from time to time. It's inevitable because people are not perfect. We don't always act the way we should act. We sometimes say things that we shouldn't say. We're just being human.
I've learned that I can love someone even if they aren't perfect. It's not my place to "fix" everyone in my life. I have enough to work on myself without trying to correct and manipulate the people in my life today. That's not a true sign of love. Loving, to me, means accepting people just as they are. I believe this because I know that God loves me just as I am. The more I turn to God for guidance, the more I am able to love the people in my life unconditionally.
The bottom line for me is this - I want to do something with my heart. I may feel some hurt now and then, but that's irrelevant. God is about love; I'm about love; that's the only force in my life today. The rewards are outstanding.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.