Friday, February 18, 2011

Quiet Inspiration

"I learned that inspiration does not come like a bolt, nor is it kinetic, energetic striving, but it comes into us slowly and quietly all the time, though we must regularly and every day give it a little chance to start flowing, prime it with a little solitude and idleness." - Brenda Ueland, writer

I've been experiencing this lately so it's nice to see that someone put it into words for me.  As I've been sitting down to write my blog entries every night, I've learned to just let the words come in their own time.  Sitting still at the computer, I simply start typing whatever comes to mind as I read the quote of the day.  It seems to flow pretty easily most nights.  I'm amazed.

When I first thought about doing a blog, my initial reaction was negative.  I doubted that I could do something like this.  My self-confidence was non-existent for the most part.  I decided to start writing anyway.  I've come to learn that just because I have a fear of doing something doesn't mean it will be a frightful experience.  I've learned to trust in the process as it unfolds.

I'm so glad I chose to move forward on this new endeavor.  I enjoy writing and I'm learning more about myself just by recognizing what thoughts immediately come to mind after I read one of these inspirational quotes.  So, pursue your dreams.  Let go of the doubt and any fear you may have.  Sit quietly and see what thoughts come to you.  The energy will begin to flow and your dreams will come true.  They have for me and I'm confident that there is more to come.  Thank you God!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.