"Some people are molded by their admirations, others by their hostilities." - Elizabeth Bowen, writer
I've met people who were molded by their hostilities. It wasn't pretty. I've been molded by hostilities in the past. It was even less pretty. It made me feel uncomfortable on the inside and I had no idea how to fix that. It's an unhealthy way to live in my opinion.
I have so much admiration for life and the people in it now. I had an experience that allowed me to awaken spiritually and that has turned my perception around. It is very difficult for me to not have some empathy for those I meet who are looking at the world through hostile glasses. I know that it isn't my place to judge another unless I have walked in their shoes and experienced what they've experienced. It is not my job to correct everyone I meet. My solution lies in trying to lead by example and hope that I can assist someone along the way. Some attempts for me go better than others. But at least I give it a try.
I'm so grateful today that I have become molded by my admirations rather than my hostilities. I used to be a very angry woman but that got me nothing but more anger, resentment, and sadness. No one is perfect, especially me. Today I will pray that, together, we can all become molded by our admirations and that we can pass it on to others.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.