Friday, March 23, 2012

Making Life Our Own

"Perhaps loving something is the only starting place there is for making your life your own." - Alice Koller, writer

Maybe this is true. Maybe loving something or someone is a starting point for taking ownership of our lives. I wonder...

I know that love is powerful. Unconditional love is the greatest force of all - at least it is in my life. I have learned that being true to myself is a very important component of life for me. I have come to realize that I don't need to build my life around another human being, always putting their needs first, in order to be happy. I can love another person without losing myself in the process. Respecting myself and honoring my own existence allows me to give more of myself to those I love.

My focus these days is to be loving and giving to everyone I interact with on a daily basis. Loving something has been a "starting place" for me but something much greater has come about from this process. It is okay for me to love myself while showing love and understanding to others.

So I will choose to show unconditional love and compassion to those I am with today. I will make my life my own in this process. I am grateful.

MORE ARTICLES BY K KERSWIG

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.