Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Great Expectations

"Expect to have hope rekindled. Expect your prayers to be answered in wondrous ways. The dry seasons in life do not last. The spring rains will come again." - Sarah Ban Breathnach, best-selling author

There have been many times in my life when my expectations have led to bitter disappointment. When I don't have expectations, I tend to experience life in a more peaceful manner.  These expectations that I usually have pertain to specific people or specific events.  Unfortunately, I've found out the hard way that I can't control anyone else except myself.  What's a person to do?

Well, the good news, I think, is in the quote referenced above. I always have hope. My prayers have always been answered, just not in the way I imagined.  That's the key for me. I need to be careful not to project and get my heart set on only one particular outcome. If I get stuck on only one solution, I can miss the miraculous answers passing by because I'm not open to all possibilities.

I had a good friend tell me once that God is the only one who can "see around the corner".  I don't know what my Higher Power's plan is for me but I want to follow His guidance for me every day.  God knows best as far as I'm concerned.  So, I'm learning to pay attention to the signs I come across each day.  My intuition is a valuable tool as long as I invite God into the mix. Sometimes I need to pause and do nothing until I'm sure about something. The answers will always come.

Today I trust my Higher Power to guide me in my life's journey. I do expect my prayers to be answered in wondrous ways today because I've already experienced that in my life.  As I look back on my life I can see every blessing that God has sent my way.  Some of those "blessings" may not have felt like a blessing at the time, but in hindsight, I can assure you they were because they all led me to where I am today.  Thank you God - hope is always here and my prayers are always answered.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.