"The fashionable woman wears clothes. The clothes don't wear her." - Mary Quant, fashion designer
I've never had the reputation of being very fashionable. To me, clothes should be comfortable. I'm not a patient shopper, I don't seem to have a strong drive to get the most current styles in my closet, and I get easily bored when I have to look for a specific outfit for a certain occasion. I'm sure this quote is true to many people but I can't say that it pertains to me at all. Oh well, that's all right.
I remember growing up and being envious of other girls who always seemed to look great in their clothes. They seemed to always have on the "perfect" outfit. I usually felt awkward and out of touch with the current styles. I didn't have any older sisters so I couldn't learn from them. I guess it's good I didn't have any younger sisters - they wouldn't have learned anything from me either! LOL
Today it's all about looking neat and respectable while being comfortable in my clothes. Some days I do better than others. That's okay. I appreciate comfort and appreciation for anything is always a great thing!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.