Friday, July 29, 2011

Slight Poetic Crack

"If you haven't had at least a slight poetic crack in the heart, you have been cheated by nature." - Phyllis Battelle, columnist

Well, I don't know about a poetic crack in the heart, but I seem to have had some sort of creative breakthrough. The entries I post here are more of a blessing than an assignment. When I decided to create a blog I never expected to keep up with it on a daily basis. Yet, here I am, still writing away, sharing my thoughts with everyone. Something must be going on with my heart because I look forward to this every day as I am learning all about myself in the process. :)

This quote, if true, assures me, therefore, that I have not been cheated by nature. I will admit that I don't think anyone is ever cheated by nature. I believe that we are all blessed with incredible gifts from a power greater than ourselves. There is only one thing we have to do - we must accept the gifts, whatever they may be. I had to go through some devastating years of bad judgments and decisions before I hit an emotional bottom that brought me to my knees. In that moment of surrender, I was actually saying "yes" to God. I wanted the gifts that were being offered to me and I've used them ever since.

I've learned that life is never going to be how I imagine it should be - it's better than that. I don't always know what is for my "highest" good, so I leave that up to the God of my understanding. I haven't been let down yet. So, my prayer for today is that we may all cash in on the gifts being offered to us every day. Thank you God, thank you God, thank you God!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.