Thursday, July 14, 2011

Incident Of Life

"Marriage, to women as to men, must be a luxury, not a necessity - an incident of life, not all of it." - Susan B. Anthony, pioneer in the women's suffrage movement

This is one of those quotes that can give us a glimpse into what it was like back in the early 1900's. Susan B. Anthony truly was a pioneer in her time and I'm sure she was expressing ideas that made people extremely uncomfortable. She must have been a very courageous person to express ideas such as these way back when. I admire that in anyone.

Courage was never prevalent in my life. I lived my life in fear 24/7. I was constantly filled with anxiety and this made it very difficult for me to form a true partnership with another human being. I've been able to tap into my inner Spirit now and that Spirit provides me with all of the strength and courage I need to get through the day. I never get more than I need for that one day; the next day I tap into Spirit again for the next dose of all that I need. This works out very well for me and I know it's worked for many of my friends as well. I think I'll just keep doing what works.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.