"Life gives us what we need when we need it. Receiving what it gives us is a whole other thing." - Pam Houston, author and teacher
It's important for me to remember this every day. I've been taught to focus on staying in the moment, living in the now. That's not always easy to do but it is my best option in every way.
I've come to realize that God always gives me just enough strength, grace, and dignity to face what comes each day. I ask Him every morning to guide me through my day and I trust that I will receive the spiritual energy to walk through it all. I don't ask for His gifts of strength etc. to face next week's events though. I concentrate on today. This allows me to live in the moment, to be present in this very day, and to fully experience all that God is gifting me with just for today. It's all a gift - the trials and tribulations as well as the victories and the fun. And, my only job is to receive what God is sending to me.
This way of living allows me to fully experience all that life has to offer. Some days I "live in the moment" better than others. I understand what Ms. Houston means when she says receiving is a "whole other thing". That's why I'm so grateful I have a relationship with a Higher Power today. I can rely upon the God of my understanding to walk with me through each day. That's a blessing I don't ever want to forget.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.