Saturday, June 2, 2012

Be Proud Of Achievements

"Don't be embarrassed by your achievements. Being an overachiever is nothing despicable. It is only admirable. Never lower your standards." - Martha Stewart, businesswoman, author, and publisher 


It feels good to achieve our goals and hit new levels of success. There is nothing to be ashamed of when we receive an award or an accolade. Overdoing it, however, is probably not the best way to enjoy going through life. The added stress will not increase the sense of fulfillment; it will only hinder it.

It is not necessary to lower our standards but it is necessary to keep an eye on how much time and effort we are spending on work alone. There is a balance to find in life; a balance that will allow us to have some fun, work hard, share experiences with friends, and take advantage of some quiet time to connect with our innermost selves. It is not easy to handle all of these every day but it is important to do our best to experience all of these throughout each day, week, month, and year. Doing only one or two of these and leaving out the rest will only cause stress and worry in our lives. It is important to be well-rounded and to be able to enjoy all that life has to offer.

Achievements are wonderful things and should always be commended. It is not necessary, though, to live only for the thrill of achieving more. Now we can welcome the highlights, sit back and relax once in awhile, and enjoy all that comes our way. This will bring the greatest results.

Today I will seek balance as I go through my day. I will enjoy some quiet time, I will have some fun, and I will work to achieve new goals. I am grateful. 

Hub Pages - Articles by K Kerswig

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.