"Trust your hunches....Hunches are usually based on facts filed away just below the conscious level. Warning! Do not confuse your hunches with wishful thinking. This is the road to disaster." - Joyce Brothers, psychologist, columnist, and best-selling author
Great advice here! Wishful thinking and fantasizing have never gotten me anywhere. I've ignored the "red flag" warnings in the past and it has not served me well. It did, in fact, lead me down that road of disaster. At least I thought it was the road of disaster.
It turns out that I needed to walk that road. There were lessons I needed to learn in order to get to the next level spiritually. I needed to learn to pay attention to "red flags" when considering a friendship or a romantic relationship. I needed to trust my instincts or "hunches" when it came to being in the middle of an uncomfortable situation. It took me a long time to accept the fact that my hunches, my instincts - they are there to help me in this life and I need to be alert and pay attention to them, all of them.
I can trust my hunches now - I have faith that God will help me when I am unsure. He will guide me every step of the way if I let Him. I think I will.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.