Friday, August 26, 2011

New Knowledge Means New Questions

"If we would have new knowledge, we must get a whole world of new questions." - Susanne K. Langer, philosopher

I've been accumulating a world of new questions recently. I've gone through periods where everything I think I believe in suddenly comes into question and I find myself wondering if I know anything about anything at all. Self-doubt can creep in quickly for me and I need to watch out for that. Self-doubt has never been useful to me.

There is nothing wrong with questioning ideas and beliefs. Now I've become willing to remain open and teachable. That is the way I learn more about myself and others. And then I can pass along what I've learned to people I come in contact with every day. We learn from each other and that's a blessing.

Today I choose to widen my world of questions that I might accept new knowledge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.