"I'm the girl who lost her reputation and never missed it." - Mae West, entertainer
I always enjoy Mae West quotes. I imagine it was loads of fun to work with her. She definitely knew how to shock people with her statements. I love it!
I was always concerned about my reputation. I wanted EVERYONE to like me. There could be no exceptions. If I was in a room with 100 people and 98 of them liked me, I would be worrying about the 2 who didn't. It was frustrating and I became upset with myself at times because of my over-reactions.
I've learned over the years that what other people think of me is truly none of my business. I do my best to treat people with respect and I do care for those I meet up with each day. That's the best I can do. Sometimes my actions are misinterpreted but I don't have any control over that. So, I do my best and leave the results up to the Universe.
I'm grateful for having learned this lesson. I'm not in charge today - I believe that God is in charge of everything, including my reputation. That's the way it will stay if I can help it. I'm so glad to have found this alternative way to live. Happy November 7th everyone! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.