Thursday, November 3, 2011

Sweetness

"Once in a young lifetime one should be allowed to have as much sweetness as one can possibly want and hold." - Judith Olney, cookbook author

Is there a limit to how much sweetness one can want and hold? I don't think so. This is a beautiful quote but I think we should expand upon it. In fact, I'm thinking that everyone should be allowed to have all the sweetness they could possibly want and no age limits apply! I think that would work much better.

I am truly grateful for the sweet little niceties that life can spring on me throughout a day, week, month, or year. A stranger's smile, a baby's giggle, an outreached hand - these all fit my definition of sweetness. It's mostly about my perception - if I'm looking for sweetness, I will find it. If I'm looking for things to judge, I will find that too. So, I must choose wisely.

Today I choose to find sweetness throughout the day, wherever I go. I am grateful that I have this choice. My perception has shifted and I'm enjoying this shift immensely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.