Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Two Kinds Of Trouble

"There are two kinds of trouble: the kind you have and the kind you haven't. There are but few of the first sort, but of the second there is no end." - Sophie Irene Loeb, journalist and social-welfare advocate

No matter how many challenges I will have in my lifetime, this quote reminds me there is an infinite number of challenges that I will not have to face. I'd never even considered this before. It certainly puts things into a clearer perspective for me.

I've heard my friends talk about recognizing they wouldn't want to trade problems with anyone else. If we had a choice, we would probably choose our own challenges rather than taking on another persons issues. Of course, we will never know for sure but I understand that, for me, I am more comfortable with things I know rather than those I don't know. Fear of the unknown is a strong force in my life. I've stayed in difficult and unhealthy relationships for too long, simply because I knew what to expect and I was afraid to venture out on my own.

I have learned that venturing out on my own, using the skills that I've been blessed with - this is a good thing. I have friends to lean on and I have a faith in God that is unshakable. God is big enough to get me through everything I face each day. This means I don't have to stay in uncomfortable situations longer than necessary. That's good news.

Today I will be grateful for the "trouble" I have in my life. My life is a blessing - all of it. I appreciate it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.