"I begin to think that a calm is not desirable in any situation in life. Every object is beautiful in motion; a ship under sail, trees gently agitated with the wind, and a fine woman dancing, are three instances in point." - Abigail Adams, first lady (1797 - 1801)
As I visualize each of these three examples, I must agree that there is much beauty in these kinds of motion. However, I think I would have to add something at the end of this quote to limit the amount of motion involved. Chaos is not something I am attracted to anymore!
A certain amount of calm is welcome in my life today. I lived for way too many years in constant disruption; life was completely unmanageable. In fact, when my life started to improve, I was slightly uncomfortable with the lack of disruption. It was as if I had no idea what to do when there wasn't a crisis to solve or a difficult problem to solve.
So, in my particular case, I will admire the beautiful motion in the gentle winds, ships that are gliding in the water under their sails, and people dancing gracefully to the music they hear. I just choose to stay away from the people who want to bring strong winds of insanity into my life. Today, for me, calm is desirable. Thank you God for the calm that has blessed my life. I am grateful.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.