It is January 1st and a new year has begun. There have been many articles and blog posts about resolutions and goal-setting in the past few days. Most of them say the same thing. Resolutions may be the popular thing to do on the first day of every year but setting daily goals is the best way to go.
I have found that goals help me more than resolutions. I just wrote about that yesterday, here on my blog and in an article for Hub Pages. I'm looking to learn and grow; I'm looking to get positive results; I do not need to set myself up for disappointment. Resolutions tend to bring me disappointments because of the expectations I attach to the resolutions. Goals tend to show me my progress throughout a week, month, or year. This works best for me.
For 2012, my goal is to live in the moment, to help others through my life coaching business, and to write more. I will be continuing my daily blog this year and I will be writing articles on Hub Pages. I welcome everyone who chooses to follow or comment or just enjoy reading my entries. These entries are about my personal experience and I recognize that everyone has different life experiences, and, therefore, different perspectives. I am looking forward to learning more from our interactions throughout 2012. Happy New Year to all my friends and those friends I'm about to meet this year! Blessings to you all.
"I made no resolutions for the new year. The habit of making plans, of criticizing, sanctioning, and molding my life, is too much of a daily event for me." - Anais Nin, novelist and diarist
Articles by Kathleen Kerswig
Blue Skies Life Coaching LLC
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.