"Sexiness is no longer defined just as whether we are desirable, but also as what we desire. The more liberated women become - economically, politically, and personally - the more erotic we are. Freedom is a lot sexier than dependency." - Naomi Wolf, author and political consultant
I will always be grateful for those courageous women (and men) who fought so hard to gain equal rights for all citizens. I am blessed with the opportunity to vote at each election because of their efforts many years ago. I am eligible to be hired in management positions that never used to be offered to women before. I know that the world is not perfect yet. I understand that there is still much to be corrected before everyone is able to experience freedom in everything and everywhere. But I do feel blessed to have the freedoms I have today. I'm not sure I would have had the same courage to stand up for what I believed to be right. I appreciate all those courageous pioneers who fought so hard for liberty in many different aspects of life.
Thank you God for sending us such brave women and men who helped gain the freedoms I can have today. I am truly grateful.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.