Saturday, January 14, 2012

To Be Truly Free

"In a society where the rights and potential of women are constrained, no man can be truly free. He may have power, but he will not have freedom." - Mary Robinson, the first female president of Ireland

I am constantly being reminded of just how fortunate I am to have the life I have. This quote is another reminder for me that life could be so much more difficult in another place or time.

It is my belief that no person, man or woman, should have their rights or potential constrained. I believe that we are all deserving of the greatness that life has to offer. There is much to be done if we are to bring about such equality for all people on this planet. I realize this is a tall order, but I also realize that anything is possible.

I am a big fan of Marianne Williamson and she always seems to share the perfect prayers when it comes to asking for guidance on worldly issues. She talks a lot about visualizing golden light surrounding a person or location in need of help, that they may feel the warmth of Spirit flowing all around. I am drawn to this method of prayer and I think this would be a perfect tool to use now. If enough of us pray that same prayer for those whose rights and potential have been restricted, I believe all constraints for all people could be released! I will choose to start today. Will you join me? It can't hurt to give it a try, and it could truly help those in need. Ready, set, go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.