"We possess nothing in the world - a mere chance can strip us of everything - except the power to say 'I'." - Simone Weil, philosopher
I've watched many of my friends struggle with loss following the economic downturn that started several years ago. They've lost their homes, their jobs, and their cars. This quote is extremely relevant in today's world. It's important, in my opinion, to always remember that we still have that power to say "I". That never changes, no matter what is happening around us.
I'm truly blessed. I have everything I need to get by comfortably and I am grateful for that. I'm not rich monetarily but I'm rich in more important ways. I'm rich with peace, joy, contentment, and love from my friends. I also have this incredible connection with God and I'm of the belief that God is big enough to handle all of my life issues. So if by "mere chance" everything is stripped away, I will still be guided and cared for by my Higher Power. That's a power I will always have - God is always with me.
I believe everyone has that power within, from the God of their understanding. The power within provides us with everything we need to be ourselves. Today I pray that I may let go of my need to "possess" things and focus more on my connection with the greatest power of all. That power within is all I'll ever need.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.