Monday, October 24, 2011

Asking Questions

"Faith is not making religious-sounding noises in the daytime. It is asking your inmost self questions at night - and then getting up and going to work." - Mary Jean Irion, poet

I've recently spent quite a bit of time asking my inmost self the questions that have needed to be asked for a long time. It's not an easy thing to do - at least it hasn't been easy for me. But now that I've seen this quote, I'm reassured that asking the questions must be done in order for me to grow spiritually.

I have a tremendous amount of faith in a Higher Power today. I've come through so much in my lifetime and I've watched others go through even more difficult times than I have. They've gone through their lives with grace and dignity and I appreciate them so much for leading such a good example. I know that I've been able to get through the tough times because of my faith in God. I've always survived, even when I didn't think I would.

Now I simply ask God for the strength, grace, and dignity to walk through each day, knowing that I will receive all that I need. Then, as it says in the quote above, I get up and go to work. Today I pray that I remain open to asking my inmost self the questions that need to be asked. It's the only way I choose to live now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.