"There's only one real sin, and that is to persuade oneself that the second-best is anything but the second-best." - Doris Lessing, Nobel Prize-winning novelist and playwright
I've done this more often than I would care to admit. I've settled for second-best many times, thinking that I was not worthy of anything better than that. This didn't serve me well, but for some reason I continued to do it anyway.
I have a different approach to life these days. I've come to believe that there is a Spirit within me, a divine Spirit, that guides me every step of the way. With this divine Spirit comes the understanding that everything I need in life is within me. I already have the strength I need to face the day ahead. I just need to tap into the Source within and trust that all will be well. Everything always falls into place when I trust this process.
Today I choose only the best for me. For this to happen, I will be the best in order to receive the best. I'm grateful to have the opportunity to make choices today and to be able to live one day at a time. I am so grateful.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.