Friday, October 14, 2011

Many Ways Of Loving

"I truly feel that there are as many ways of loving as there are people in the world and as there are days in the lives of those people." - Mary S. Calderone, educator and health activist

I believe the most powerful force on earth is love. Everyone deserves it and I certainly agree that there are many ways of loving people. My only focus today is to be sure that I show loving kindness to everyone I meet each day.

Life is so short. We never know how much time we have here and I know that I wasted a lot of time being angry and resentful towards most of the people in my life for years. I don't want to waste my life like that anymore. I've come to learn that everyone is living life to the best of their ability. Sometimes I can be judgmental and once that happens, my mood can collapse quickly. I'm so far from being perfect, which means I don't have any business being judgmental of others.

Today I know that my only job is to love others as I want to be loved. I receive so much in return when I treat EVERYONE with love and respect. I'll leave the judgment to my Higher Power. I'm happier when I am loving those I meet each day. So, I think I'll keep following this pattern. The rewards are worth this effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.