Thursday, October 20, 2011

Where Does Literature Grow?

"Don't ask to live in tranquil times. Literature doesn't grow there." - Rita Mae Brown, writer and educator

I love this quote! I've been writing here on a regular basis and I've come to have a much deeper respect for writers and authors since I've done just this little bit of writing. And I understand the reference here about literature coming from the difficult challenges in life rather than from the tranquil times. I'm sharing my life experiences with the readers here and those life experiences have not always been in tranquil times.

The bottom line for me is that I write about what is true for me at this moment. My opinions may change minutes or hours after I post this entry but that's okay. But I know that I am free to change my mind at any time. Thank you God! For this I am truly grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.