Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Happy Life

"One of the secrets of a happy life is continuous small treats." - Iris Murdoch, author and philosopher

Small treats - I like that! I'm very happy with my life these days and if I'm honest, I will admit that I'm easily gratified with the little pleasures I experience every day. I thought I would be happy if I got the rich husband, or the grand house, or the highest-paying job. Well, I don't have any of those, but I'm happier than I ever imagined I could be.

The happiness for me is in doing for others just as I receive from them. It's not about material things now. As I strive to live out and be present in every moment of my life, my happiness comes from within. If I'm not comfortable in my own skin, then there is no possibility of others wanting to be my friend or spend time with me. And, in order for me to be comfortable with me, I need to go within, be still, and listen. That's how I attain more peace. Not every day is perfect for me, but I'm improving all the time. I am happy and grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.