"No one knows his true character until he has run out of gas, purchased something on the installment plan, and raised an adolescent." - Marcelene Cox, writer
I completely agree with this statement. True character defects, flaws, and assets will come shining through with any and all of these occurrences. Well said!
I want to have my assets shine through and not my defects. I have not always met challenges with grace or dignity in the past. As my spiritual connection to a Higher Power has gotten stronger, my ability to handle tough challenges has gotten better. I know that my ability to face life on life's terms is directly proportional to my sense of peace with self. It is all about doing my best to handle life in an appropriate way and the best way for me to do that is to rely upon the God of my understanding.
I know that I am a work-in-progress. Today I pray that I will handle running out of gas, buying something on the installment plan, or guiding an adolescent with as much grace and dignity as possible. I am grateful for the opportunities that come my way.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.