Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Am I Happy With What I Have Now?

"We are seldom happy with what we now have, but would go to pieces if we lost any part of it." - Mignon McLaughlin, writer

I am very happy with what I have now. I am grateful every day for the blessings that have been given to me. I probably feel this way because I've had some difficult experiences in my lifetime. After I go through a tough time, I'm usually pretty grateful for what I am left with in the end.

There have been many times in my life when I have taken people and/or things for granted. Then, when I've lost them for whatever reason, I found myself wishing I had done something or said something different in order to change the outcome. That's never been a comfortable experience for me. It's not a pretty sight when I fall to pieces over the loss.

I've learned over the years to take action now in order to prevent loss. I don't want to take things for granted anymore. I don't know what's in store for me so I want to make each moment count. I want to appreciate people when they're around me. I want to enjoy the things I have, the things that I've worked hard to accumulate. I don't want to worship them - they are just things, objects. But I think it's okay for me to enjoy what I have for as long as I have it.

I thank my Higher Power every day for my life, my well-being, my family, and my friends. I want to show my thanks by my behavior and not just by my words. I pray that I may always be happy with what I have. No more going to pieces for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.