"The essential question is not, 'How busy are you?' but 'What are you busy at?'" - Oprah Winfrey, TV personality, actor, and founder of O Magazine
Great question to ask oneself! I know that I'm very busy these days, but am I really busy at the important things or am I just good at finding "busy" work that gets me nowhere?
My motivation level has never been as high as it is right now. I've found a career that I love, I'm getting the opportunity to help others, and I'm meeting many wonderful people. This has translated into my life being turned upside down as I start my own business in addition to working a full-time job. Needless to say, I'm extremely busy. The calendar is full! But I don't mind any of it because my schedule is filled with things I want to be doing. There's been a lot of work involved, but I'm enjoying the process. It's no longer about overnight success. It's about earning the success through hard work and taking all the necessary steps to get there.
I've always thought about owning my own company but I never really believed I could pull it off. I was a defeatist and I didn't have faith in myself. That changed dramatically for me when I started to pursue a deeper connection with my Higher Power. Through more prayer and meditation I was led to the work I'm blessed to do now. That's how it happened for me.
I'm here to say that it's possible to achieve your dreams and meet your goals. I did it with a lot of help from my friends and remaining dedicated to searching for what was right for me. I found something that I'm good at and that I love to do and the rest is falling into place. I'm going to be busy - that's a given! I look forward to every minute of it. Thank you God!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.