Saturday, May 21, 2011

To Love Is To Laugh

"We cannot really love anybody with whom we never laugh." - Agnes Repplier, essayist

Laughter is required in my relationships today. Whether it's a romantic relationship or a close friendship or a work relationship, I want to be able to share laughter with the people I'm hanging with. It's a priority for me.

I think I can be described as a positive and upbeat person. I love to make jokes, kid around, and laugh with others (not at others, just with them). I'm always laughing with those I love. It's just natural for us to enjoy each other's company amidst the laughter. Once in awhile, I've been told I come across too seriously. And, truthfully, I would have to agree that there are occasions when I cannot seem to "lighten up" even though it would serve me well if I could do just that. Some days I really struggle with this but not very often. I truly love to laugh.

So, this quote makes sense to me. I want to be able to laugh with my loved ones. It's the only way I know how to be. May laughter ring out all over the world today and every day. Let's hear it world!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.