Saturday, May 7, 2011

An Important Lesson For Mothers

"The most important thing she learned over the years was that there was no way to be a perfect mother and a million ways to be a good one." - Jill Churchill, writer

I've never thought of motherhood this way. This is a beautiful way to look at moms. My mom certainly fits this description and I know many women who fit this too.

My mom did a million things for me. She wasn't perfect but she had many talents. My mom had a wonderful sense of humor and she was the best at thinking of great, funny gifts to give to family and friends on special occasions. She was a very good mom in a million ways. I miss talking to her and spending time with her. We had a rocky start to our relationship in my younger years, but as I matured and had children of my own, I began to realize just how smart she really was. There have been many times when I've remembered things she told me in years past and I would laugh to myself because I'd then realize she was right on so many levels.

When I was younger, I swore to myself that I would never be like my mother. Nowadays, I look in the mirror and I see my mom in me. Friends tell me I look a lot like her. My sense of humor is alive and well, just like mom. My mother wasn't perfect, but she definitely found a million ways to be a good mom. I miss you Mom! I pray for you every day and I know you'll always be with me, wherever I go.

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there! Thank you for being the best moms you can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.