Monday, May 2, 2011

Where Are My Feet Right Now?

Earlier today I posted a calendar quote about the past, present, and future and it got me thinking about the new path my life is about to take. I am leaving my current position and looking for a new one. In order for me to accomplish my goal of finding new employment, it's going to be important for me to remain focused. That means I need to live one day at a time and stay present in the moment.

I have a very good friend who reminds me from time to time that I must remember where my feet are. When I find myself projecting negativity into the future or worrying about the mistakes I've made in my past, that's the one phrase that always brings me back to reality. I believe that God is in charge of my life. He is my employer and I need to follow His guidance. So I do the footwork, put one foot in front of the other, and trust the process.

I've watched good friends walk through difficult life situations with grace and dignity and they did it by living life a day at a time, trusting God all the way. Sometimes they had to take it an hour at a time. I know that with their support and love, I can walk through this with grace and dignity too. I may have to take it five minutes at a time, but that's okay. God and my friends love me just as I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.