"We must move from asking God to take care of the things that are breaking our hearts, to praying about the things that are breaking His heart." - Margaret Gibb, writer
This is such a powerful statement. Are we breaking God's heart? I don't ever want to do that. Of that I am sure.
My prayers have changed over the years. I was raised in a formal religion and I was taught to memorize certain prayers that were to be said every night without fail. As time went by, I fell away from that daily practice. Then life got very difficult for me. After years of struggling, I finally surrendered and asked for help. I was told that prayer was necessary in order for me to get the help I needed. Only the prayers I said as a child weren't necessary. Instead I learned to talk to God in a more personal way. I presented myself to the God of my understanding just as I was, warts and all.
I've come to believe that God calls me His beloved because I am His beloved. I believe that's true for everyone. I've learned to simply ask for guidance throughout the day ahead and I've learned to remain willing to do God's bidding at all times. If someone needs help, it is my responsibility to help in any way I can. I ask God to use me throughout each day and I remain willing to serve others. This method of praying has worked wonders for me. In fact, I'm pretty sure that I'm not apt to break God's heart as long as I'm willing to pray and live this way. I've shared this before and I'll share it again; I'm NOT perfect. But I do my very best every day and I've been blessed with a wonderfully busy life, where I get many opportunities to help others and grow spiritually as a result of this effort.
So, I will continue to pray and meditate on how I can be of maximum service to God and to others. This takes my ego out of the way and allows me to live life to the fullest. I am grateful.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.