"It is a vulgar error that love, a love, to a woman is her whole existence; she is also born for Truth and Love in their universal energy." - Margaret Fuller, writer and lecturer
"Truth and Love in their universal energy" - that's a beautiful phrase. Defining a love as my whole existence is an error I've made in the past. I'm sure I'm not alone. I've discussed this with my friends repeatedly over the years. It's sometimes very difficult to remember that my existence does not revolve solely around another human being. For me, my existence revolves solely around my connection to God.
To me, love is the most powerful force on earth. The unconditional love that God has for me is the kind of love that I want to show everyone in my life. We are all just doing the best we can every day - some days I'm able to make better efforts than others. That doesn't change my goal. Nothing makes me happier than to bring a little sunshine to someone by encouraging them or complimenting them. These gestures come from a place of love, the kind of love that is filled with that universal energy referred to in this quote.
I'm far from perfect; I'm not always as loving and giving as I would like to be. The point is that a romantic relationship is not what defines me or makes me worthy or unworthy of love. Today I choose truth and love in their universal energy. Thank you Universe!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.