Monday, June 6, 2011

Fantasies Are Dress Rehearsals

"Fantasies are more than substitutes for unpleasant reality; they are also dress rehearsals, plans. All acts performed in the world begin in the imagination." - Barbara Grizzuti Harrison, journalist, essayist, and memoirist

My life is created one thought at a time. My thoughts, ideas, and visions help me to recognize what I want in life. If I didn't have dreams and fantasies, I wouldn't be able to establish a plan of action to achieve my highest goals.

Fantasies used to be a way for me to escape reality in times of stress. I would imagine being rescued by a "prince" so that I wouldn't have to live the dreary life I was living anymore. Of course, that "prince" never appeared. My fantasies weren't even close to being realistic. But there are some fantasies that fit this description above. I've imagined starting my own business, becoming an author, and finding someone to love.  These fantasies can be realized as I focus my thoughts and ideas on the steps needed to be taken in order to get my own business off the ground, to write a book, or to enter into a loving relationship. 

This quote above reminds me that I can have fantasies and use my imagination to create the life I want to live. I don't need to escape reality today. I love my reality, even the struggles. So bring on these dress rehearsals. I'm ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.