"As you get older, you have your tribe of women that you grow and age gracefully with and you share wisdom with. That's your clan. That's your family. That's your strength." - Sheryl Crow, singer and songwriter
I have that strength now. I have that clan. I couldn't ask for a better group of women. They love me as I am, they accept me with all of my assets as well as my defects, and they trust me enough to share their life experiences with me too. I don't know where I would be without them.
I've been known to worry from time to time about aging "gracefully". I paid very close attention to the "number" and not as much attention to my emotional and spiritual condition. If I'm totally honest here, I feel terrific and I definitely don't feel like I'm fifty years old! I believe it's because I'm in a good frame of mind and I'm feeling comfortable in my own skin. I have a strong connection to a Higher Power that gets deeper and more intense every day. I've come to realize that this is the most important aspect of my life. It's what gives me energy every day and it's what is keeping me young. This is what seems to work best for me.
And, so, I will continue to connect with the God of my understanding and I will continue to thrive from my connection with that special "tribe of women" I have found. They are a blessing to me and I will treasure them always.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.