"Blessed are those who can give without remembering and take without forgetting." - Elizabeth Bibesco, writer and poet
I know that the more I give, the more I receive. At least that's how it works for me.
There was a time in my life when I "kept score". If someone gave me a gift or bought my kids birthday presents, I felt as if I HAD to get them something in return. It was a stressful way to live. I felt as if I was always under pressure to keep up with everyone. As a single mom, I didn't always have much money to spare so I made things worse by trying to stay even with others.
I've learned over the years that the give and take referred to here is much different. I don't keep score anymore. I give of myself as I try to help others. I thank people for the little things they do. I'm not always perfect at this, but it's the way I choose to live. I choose this because I've watched others lead by example as they live this way. I'm grateful for them and I pray that I continue to remain on this road. I will never forget what they've shared with me when it comes to living life in this manner. I thank you all.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.