Monday, April 16, 2012

Choose To Give And Receive

"If my hands are fully occupied in holding on to something, I can neither give nor receive." - Dorothee Solle, theologian and writer

Today my focus is on giving to others so that I can receive good in return. This quote reminds me that I am not in charge of anything. I do not control anyone or anything. I must remember to release my need to hold onto things and remain open to all that comes my way.

Every morning I pray that I can be of maximum service to God and to my fellow human beings. If I am honestly saying this prayer, then I know I need to be ready for anything to come my way. I may need to change my plans for the day because a friend needs help in some way. I may need to shift my attitude if I feel as if I'm getting annoyed with someone or some situation. Whatever I face, I know that all is well, no matter what.

Today I will release everything I am holding onto so that I will have two hands free to give and to receive. All that is mine to receive will come to me and all that is mine to give will be given freely and willingly. I am so blessed. May I do the best job possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.