"My great hope is to laugh as much as I cry; to get my work done and try to love somebody and have the courage to accept the love in return." - Maya Angelou, poet, educator, historian, best-selling author, and activist
I always like to read quotes from Maya Angelou. She is eloquent and always gets my attention with her statements. "Have the courage to accept the love in return" got my attention today.
I never thought it would take courage to accept any kind of love, but for me it actually is true, although I had never thought of it this way before. Since my last relationship ended, I have been afraid to love again. There is a part of me that does not want to put myself in a position to be hurt. I know that I am in the process of healing, even though it has been a couple of years. Healing takes time and sometimes it takes some of us longer than it takes others.
Today I am releasing the need to "hurry up and heal". I will allow myself to take all the time I need to take in order to heal and grow spiritually. Today I am laughing more than I am crying and that is a blessing. I will continue to give love to my friends and family and accept their love in return. As for more intimate relationships, I will give myself all the time I need to receive the courage to accept that kind of love in return. I am blessed and I am grateful.
BLUE SKIES LIFE COACHING LLC
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.