"If your teeth are clenched and your fists are clenched, your lifespan is probably clenched." - Adabella Radici, writer
I lived for years with my teeth and my fists clenched. I had no idea how to relax. I didn't know what to do about it either. I was constantly on edge and I was miserable.
It can be exhausting trying to live life on life's terms while being all wound up inside. The tension was overwhelming me. I can still remember how weird it was the first time I realized I wasn't quite as tense as I used to be. My teeth weren't clenched for the first time in a long time. I had some friends who shared with me in a kind and loving way that I was entirely too wound up to be around at times. I can admit now that I wasn't happy when they told me, but I was willing to listen to their suggestions anyway. They weren't trying to judge me or criticize me. They were trying to help me.
I don't live with my teeth or my fists clenched anymore. I get stressed out sometimes and I feel tension that can come from time to time. But I am positive that my lifespan is no longer clenched - and I plan to keep it that way. I am grateful.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.